Thursday, May 26, 2011

Milkbar



Milkbar.
3 Bateman Street W1D 4AG


I came here once with my parents when they were here in London to visit me. Decided to go back again just the other day. Milkbar is actually a sibling of Flat White, but it is a younger sibling at that. Note how (in the picture above) it says, "Part of the Flat White network". Unsurprisingly, this calls for some comparison between the two. 


This time, the theme of the deco was 'war'. Why, I have absolutely no idea. I swear that sometimes I should be less pre-occupied with the thoughts of having good coffee and ask the staff more about the place itself in general. But in any case, I do hope they keep the decoration up. I quite like it. When it's just the bare walls, drinking coffee can be a little dull on your own, with nothing to look at, if you get what I mean. It's nice to glance around and see some interesting things hanging from the walls. They had tanks up (and I think they painted/sketched on the 'tank tracks' too!) on the walls, with pictures, and toy guns. 


It seems that Milkbar is doing so good that they even have their own merchandise! And yes, I am finally getting around to telling you about the drinks they have here.

The coffee is brilliant (as usual, with all the posts so far). Drawing comparisons with Flat White, I must say that I prefer Milkbar better (once again Flat White is moving lower in the ranks. I feel pretty sorry for Flat White, but this can't be helped!). I ordered my favourite coffee (you should be able to tell what it is by now) and it came out just perfect. Fantastic coffee art. The foam was perfect. The coffee was smooth and velvety with a strong coffee that just lingers in your mouth pleasantly. 


The chairs were really comfortable to sit on and the feeling that you get from this place is just right. They have books for you on the shelf if you feel like reading. They also have light bites (croissants, sandwiches, and the like), and milkshakes! And boy oh boy do they really give you a large cup for it. It was wayyy too much to handle. Good for sharing it is.

On a (not-so-) random side note, I found this site that can be pretty useful for coffee/cafe hunters in London. It's called the London coffee guide. I might be using this to find more coffee places.

Linked it at the side for your convenience. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment