Sunday, May 22, 2011

Flat White


Flat White. Supposed to be one of the best places in town for a flat white (as the name says. lol) Went there with a friend of mine after his exam. Like I said in my previous post, I really really wanted to try it out. Been told about it's fantastic coffee and I told myself that if I didn't get it then, the inertia would ensure that I'll never get around to it. 


Hey Dudes.

It's quite a cool place really. Very Arty-Farty, if I may say so. Nice, comfortable chairs. It seems to be full of people who bring in their art work (like the guys in the picture on the right). Some come with sketchbooks and pencils and.. I don't know. Lots of stuff. On the (white) walls behind me are framed pictures of cameras, and it adds a whole other dimension to this place.


They sell retail coffee here too. Their own brand I think. Not too sure about that. It's like, £7 for a bag of coffee beans.

Hmm.. Anyway, the big question from this visit would be.. Whether Flat White really has the best flat whites in London?

Well... This I must say.



The flat white was good. But, it wasn't the best that I've tasted. In fact, I actually think that the one in Wild and Wood was nicer. It doesn't seem strong enough for my liking (yes, I do like strong coffee. I don't particularly like putting sugar in my cuppa either). I guess it'd be perfect for those who would actually like their double shots to fuel their caffeine reliance, but who doesn't actually like their coffee to be so bitter. 

I'd rank this place high for the overall atmosphere though. That is, if you want to enjoy music and if you like the whole arty farty thing going on. If you want a place for a quiet read then maybe Store Street or Wild and Wood would be the place for you. 

More coffee/ travel places to come! Yes, I did intend for this blog to be a travel-cum-food/cafe blog, but I'm having exams at the moment, and blogging about travelling just isn't the most convenient thing for me right now. 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment