Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Harvard COOP: Musings

I was walking slowly down the well-lit aisle, browsing through books. The shelves, taller than myself, housed thousands and thousands of fiction titles. My hands were hovering above, "Thinkers", a new book that was just published recently, and had earned the Putlizer Prize for fiction in 2010. I was near the back of the store, where the back entrance was, that would take you to the second half of the Harvard COOP, which sold all the merchandise. 

I walk a few more steps, and I noticed this sign which said:

Looking for Harvard Insignia Gifts and Clothing? 

Go straight back and exit to the right. 
You will find the Insignia Department by using the Brattle or Palmer Street entrances of the Harvard COOP located in the building just across the street.


Just 3 seconds after I noticed it, two girls shouted, "Hey guys! We found out where to go!"

They read the sign out loud, then turned around, AND HEADED STRAIGHT BACK TO THE FRONT OF THE STORE. As they walked off in a hurry, I couldn't help but burst out in laughter. 

The sign had meant that they should walk straight, until they reached the back of the store (near where I was), and exit through the back entrance. 

I smiled in amusement and walked to the cashier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment