Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Crema Cafe



Introducing: A little place in Harvard Square where I go to to have my daily fix. I found this place by chance actually, mainly because the chain that I had been going to, Peet's, was closed for renovation. Peet's was quite good, wayyyyy better than Starbucks, but it wasn't just quite right. So although it caused me quite a bit of inconvenience to close for renovation, it helped me find Crema.

Crema is a delightful little place. It sells some cakes and other treats like muffins and cookies. It also has some quiches too. The ambience is a little dark, definitely not that conducive for people who came by to read, but it's good for chit-chat. A sign hung up on the second floor reminds customers to be polite enough to leave after an hour so that other customers will have seats to sit on when they come in.




The coffee is great, that much I would say. It is just the right strength (for me at least. Like I have mentioned before, I like it pretty strong). The only problem I would have is that it is pretty inconsistent in a peculiar way:


If you have your coffee in-house, it would come out great. And... If you didn't, and ordered take-away instead, it comes out pretty bad. My cafe latte comes out tasting like just hot milk. Strange, how it's supposed to have two shots of espresso. 

My conclusion?

Why, sit down and have a cup of coffee in the cafe of course!

And perhaps you'll get to meet some interesting characters too. I had a great conversation with this old man the other day about South East Asia and China. 




How about that for another great coffee place?

No comments:

Post a Comment