Thursday, March 1, 2012

Fleet River Bakery



Quite a number of people who work or study in London would have heard about this little place - Fleet River Bakery. It's situated in Holborn, near the London School of Economics and Lincoln's Inn. A little gem of a place, if I must say so myself. 

I must say that my whole experience studying in London wouldn't have been complete without this place. It's a convenient, and very nice place, to meet with your friends for a chat. You can stay and do a little bit of reading, you can have a good breakfast, and have some nice cakes and scones for tea. 

The scones, as my friends have dubbed it, are the MOTHER of scones. They are huge! And very well worth the price. The cream.. the jam.. the texture. Heh. 

There was once, when pouring the milk into my Flat White, the barista messed up the coffee art. 

There was nothing wrong with the taste, but I was pleasantly surprised when he said that he'd make me a completely new one. I didn't ask him to, and neither did I mind having coffee with sucky coffee art. But I guess, for the sake of trade and perfection, he did offer me a new one. 

And now that is what I call dedication and excellent service. 

Worth a visit, worth the time. 

And I can bet my undergraduate degree on that. 

1 comment: