Thursday, October 11, 2012

Changes

And so when I went home this time round, I noticed quite a lot of changes. 

First of all, greeting me at the airport was WHSmith. I'm used to only seeing this at British airports (or train stations and the like), and I must admit that that was pretty strange. 

Then, heading on to MidValley, and I noted that RadioShack will be opening there soon as well. Not to mention that H&M has sprung up at Jalan Bukit Bintang, and that every single person I know is flocking there for goods that are not exactly worth the money if you ask me. It's more expensive than how much it would be in the UK, and the material ain't exactly great. At the end of the day, we're paying for a brand and fashion. 

Not bad for a store that's lower on the food chain. 

But one thing I'm actually quite glad for are the cafes that have been springing up just about everywhere. 

FInally! Good coffee in Malaysia!

More on that soon - I'm actually already back in London. The only problem is that my free time is being sucked away by work. 

Now that's another thing that's changed. I'm actively doing work every second of the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment